Similar to last season, the bohemian look is still going strong but in a fresh new color palette for Spring 2016. At the beginning of the year, Pantone revealed TWO colors of the year—Serenity & Rose Quartz. Pantone’s Spring 2016 Color Report is full of muted pastels and bright colors, like lilac gray and fiesta. This color palette compliments serenity and rose quartz quite well.
When it comes to clothing, opt for off-the shoulder tops, loose-fit pants, ruffles, pleats, and mixed denim. These styles go perfectly with this season’s footwear trends:
- Snazzy Sneakers Athleisure looks are all the rage this season. It’s the perfect combination of comfortable, and trendy. We suggest a pair of neutral or pastel sneakers with fun cut-outs and subtle shimmer. Pair these with a chambray shirt, leather belt, and cuffed jeans for an outdoor brunch at your favorite Milwaukee restaurant.
- Simple Slides Easy and quick, slip-on mule sandals are the way to go. Have a little fun with color or be versatile with a neutral. Add height with a stacked heel or wedge to pair with flowy culottes in a pastel color for the perfect office chic look.
- Boho-Chic Espadrilles Be light on your feet with a fabric upper and rope bottom. Play with bright colors or animal print to jazz up your shoe collection. Pair with loose jeans and a flowy, off-the-shoulder blouse for a flirty feel.
- Glamorous Gladiators Lace-up gladiator sandals dominated the Spring 2016 runway. If you’re looking to spice up your wardrobe with something sassy, these will be your go-to sandal. Dress it up for a night out at a Milwaukee festival in a ruffled sundress.
- White Hot This season, many of the styles listed above will be enhanced with a white bottom instead of your usual brown or black. The footwear industry will be continuing these white soles into fall & winter so you can wear your favorite pair year-round!
See which trends we recently featured on Fox 6 Studio A and WISN 12! Tell us which footwear trend you’re most excited to wear. Can’t decide? Be sure to stop in at any of our 3 locations to try on all of these trends!
Thank you to Claire from Earth brands for the inspiration.