Learn more about who we are in addition to what you can expect from our products and store experience. You’ll also see how we get involved with the local community!
Our History: A Milwaukee-Proud & Family-Owned Shoe Store
It’s no secret that our feet take a beating with every step, dance, run, hike, or jog. That’s why our family has been stepping up the shoe fashion and comfort game in Milwaukee since 1950! For over 70 years, we’ve been here as your personal Fit Specialist to get you the best-fitting (and best-looking!) shoes.
Stan and Emerence Sajdak established the roots of Milwaukee’s #1 Shoe Store when they opened Stan’s Bootery on 27th Street and Oklahoma Avenue in 1950.
Jim Sajdak, Stan and Emerence’s son, stepped in after graduating college to establish his vision of growing the Stan’s Bootery legacy into Stan’s Fit For Your Feet. Today, Jim is joined in the business by his four children: three sons, Andy, David, and Ben, and his daughter, Megan.
Stan’s has now expanded to three Wisconsin stores in Brookfield, Greenfield, and Glendale, and they have an online presence at Stansfootwear.com. In addition to Stan’s, the Sajdak family also owns Goodmiles Running Company in Brookfield and Greenfield as well at The Vionic Store in Brookfield. Stan’s recently acquired Waxberg’s Walk Shoppe in Niles, IL, which provides the same great service and selection as our Stan’s stores in Wisconsin.
Shop with your personal Stan’s Fit Specialist to get the best fit! (We measure your feet each time you come in!)
Our Passion for Keeping Your Feet Healthy
We believe that there’s more to shoes than style and comfort. Your shoes should be good for you, maintaining and even improving your overall foot health. Stan’s carefully chooses shoes that provide the very best in arch support, heel and toe cushioning, strike path correction, and more.
All Stan’s locations use Aetrex’s Albert 2 Pro Foot Scanner to help you find your best and most comfortable fit. Our Fit Specialists are trained to walk you through your unique foot scan, showing you your pressure points and arches, providing foot measurements accurate to just one millimeter, and finding solutions to any foot health concerns you may have. Albert 2 creates an extraordinary fitting experience that will provide you with a custom, hand-selected solution to help you lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Stan’s also carries insoles, lifts, heel cushions, and more in order to address any foot health concerns you may have. Additionally, our Fit Specialists are able to custom modify your shoe to fit your needs, including adding Velcro Steps and adding and removing insoles. Common conditions we treat include plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, Morton’s Neuroma, overpronation, hammer toes, bunions, and more. Our five certified pedorthists (professionals who have specialized training to address conditions affecting your feet and lower limbs) can evaluate your feet, fulfill doctor’s recommendations for orthotics, recommend corrective footwear, and modify footwear according to your needs.
Our Commitment to the Milwaukee Community
Above and beyond serving you with shoes, Stan’s also prides itself on being involved in the local Milwaukee community. Here are just a few of our favorite events:
- Girls’ Night Out: For the ladies who love a fun and fit night out, Girls’ Night Out is one of our top events! 100+ women gather in our parking lot for an instructor-led workout and socializing with friends.
- Wellness Days: In an unstoppable combination of foot health experts, Stan’s partners up with local hospitals and doctors to host Wellness Days in our two New Balance locations. Podiatrists come on-site for a free consultation and our fit specialists help participants find the shoes that are just right for them.
- Fashion Shows: Stan’s has shoes from all over the world, just waiting to make their runway debut. We’ve paired our shoes with anything, from men’s boxer briefs to women’s dresses and everything in between. Contact [email protected] to help plan your fashion show today.
To stay up-to-date on all Stan’s events, click HERE!
- Share-A-Pair Shoe Drive: All Stan’s locations have year-round Share-A-Pair donation boxes for gently used men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. Donated shoes are distributed to area nonprofits, including Father Gene’s Help Center, Milwaukee Rescue Mission, and Hope House Milwaukee. We’ve donated 310,000 pairs and counting!
- Health Fairs and Educational Events: We offer expertise in topics related to foot health, wellness, fashion trends, and finding the right footwear for your lifestyle. We work with a variety of groups for a number of occasions and are able to tailor our presentations and information so as to be most helpful to your organization’s needs. Some of our presentations include Common Foot Problems, Good Form Running and Walking Clinics, and Shoe Maintenance.
- Non-Profit Round-Up Campaigns: Together with our generous customers, Stan’s supports many causes that are close to our hearts. We’ve offered the opportunity to round up our sales to benefit the Pancreatic Cancer Network, Susan G Komen Southeastern WI, Children’s Hospital Foster Care Program, and more. If your nonprofit could benefit from a round-up campaign, contact [email protected]
We are happy to partner with your organization for your whatever you may need! We’ve worked with corporate businesses, healthcare institutions, and hospitality organizations to match shoes and orthotics with staff needs, whether it be finding slip-resistant shoes for restaurant workers, supportive shoes for walking around all day, or any other health and comfort concern. Contact us at [email protected] to see what we can do for you!
Awards from the Milwaukee Community
Because Stan’s is a family business, we only know how to treat people one way: As family! Our Fit Specialists treat each individual like their own mother, father, brother, sister, or child, ensuring the highest quality in service. As a result, many of our customers have been with us for years—some even decades! Check out some of their reviews:
Stan’s customer service has been honored to receive local and national recognition:
- Named Milwaukee’s Best Shoe Store by Milwaukee A-List since 2007.
- National Shoe Retailer of the Year by National Shoe Retailers Association in 2013.
- Milwaukee’s Best Shoe Store by Shepherd Express in 2014 & 2017, 2018, 2019
- Southeastern Wisconsin’s Top 10 Businesses of the Year, Waukesha County Business Alliance. 2014
- Wisconsin’s Family Business, “Sole of the Family” award by Smith & Gesteland, First Bank Business Bank, and Whyte, Hirschboeck, Dudek Law Firm. 2015
- Business of the Year, Brookfield Chamber of Commerce. 2017
- Best of Greater Milwaukee, MKE Lifestyle Magazine. 2018
- Top Choice Awards, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2019, 2018
Our Selection of High-Quality, Carefully Curated Shoes
You pick your shoes out carefully – so do we!
Stan’s prides itself on being your one-stop shop for shoes for every occasion. Whether you’re looking for high-performance athletic shoes, on-trend dress shoes, maximum-comfort work shoes, or the perfect beach sandal, we have dozens of options you’ll love. Bright colors and classic neutrals, work shoes and athletic sneakers, beach sandals and hiking boots: Stan’s has it all!
Stan’s carries over a hundred brands of shoes from around the world. Whether it’s our neighbor Florsheim shoes right next door in Glendale, or European brands like Andrea Conti and Sabatini from across the ocean, there’s no place too close or too far for us to go find you the perfect shoe. For some of our European and smaller brands, Stan’s carries the largest selection of that brand in the Midwest!
Not to mention, these shoes are bought just to fit you. After all, it’s in the name: Fit for YOUR Feet! We carry sizes from a kid’s size 1 to a men’s size 16, and widths from slim to extra extra wide in both men’s and women’s shoes.
STAN’S FIT FOR YOUR FEET, a family-owned and operated retail footwear business since 1950, is dedicated to providing a comfortable fit for every customer.
Our customers will always find a pleasant atmosphere, a knowledgeable and caring staff committed to offering the finest in customer care, and the largest selection of sizes of quality footwear in Wisconsin.
By providing excellence in fit, service, and quality, we believe that we offer outstanding value, meet the diverse footwear needs of our customers, and grow as a healthy and enduring business.