By: Melanie Signer-Marketing Coordinator
Fall is here! In the fashion world, this fall comes with a mix of traditional fall staples and some non-traditional elements.
Let’s start with the Pantone Fashion Color Report Fall 2014. This season’s color palette is full of vibrant colors you might not normally associate with fall and winter. Bright colors are being represented loud and proud this fall in footwear, apparel, even accessories. Rich tones like royal blue, cognac and cypress add balance to the color pallet.
So, what’s hot in Women’s fashion for fall 2014?
- Wide leg trousers are a great alternative to skinny or tight legged pants. Pair with a slim, fitted top or a cropped jacket and a heavier looking shoe to balance the look.
- Pastel hues are here to stay! Make sure you’re wearing them in winter appropriate fabrics such as knits, wool and leather.
- Chunky knits are replacing your plain crew neck sweaters this season. Layer with a thin peek-a-boo tee and a tailored shoe for a casual look.
Be on the look out for these footwear trends:
- Hot this season is the tailored footwear look for women. Pair your lace up loafers with a dress or skirt for an edgier look. The chunky heel is back!
- More walkable than heels but just as flattering, wedges will add flare to your fall wardrobe. Be it a lace up or a bootie with buckles, they are great with jeans or tights and a dress! These wedge booties can take you day into night.
- Don’t leave your pop of color to only your scarf or handbag, show your edgy side in a bright colored boot. Make a statement!
Must have fall accessories:
- Scarves! Scarves! Scarves! Wear them for warmth or for fashion! This fall staple was seen all over the runways this season. There are so many great ways to wear them! See our scarf tying 101 guide.
- Make a statement! Handbags with texture (animal prints, leather, fur, color) will add a fun touch to your fall wardrobe.
- Backpack purses are back (and stylish!!). The backpack style purse is better for your back and very spacious!
What trends are YOU going to try out this fall?! Tell us below!
Thank you to Claire from Earth Brands, Inc. for the fashion inspiration!