Back To School is the perfect time to get your children’s feet measured & shop for new shoes! Our stores at Brookfield and Glendale are here to help you find the shoes your child needs to be comfortable & successful as they begin a brand new school year. Here are tips from our kids’ shoe expert, Stanley!
Before Shoe Shopping…
- Check your school supplies list or uniform requirements. Is your child required to wear shoes with Velcro straps? Does their uniform require a certain color? If you have a specific need, be sure to mention it when you shop with us!
- Gear up for gym class. Many schools require their students to keep a pair of gym shoes at school so stop in at our New Balance Milwaukee stores for a good pair. Plus, using last year’s worn out or too small sneakers might lead to injury. Keep their feet safe!
- Think ahead! With great deals and a fresh selection, now is the best time to shop for kids’ shoes at our stores. Shop for snow boots and upcoming occasions while you’re with us! We also have a selection of clearance styles!
While Shoe Shopping…
- Get both feet measured. Kids’ feet are constantly growing so it’s important to get them measured. Our Fit Specialists will measure both of your child’s feet before trying on shoes to get a better idea of what styles will be the most comfortable.
- Leave some wiggle room. Your child should be able to wiggle their toes comfortably in their new shoes. This gives their growing feet the space they need. The Fit Specialist will check for this when trying on shoes.
- Don’t forget the socks! We recommend trying on shoes with socks to make sure your child is getting the proper fit. Forgot to bring a pair? We have try-on socks available in our stores. We also have packs of kids’ New Balance socks for you to purchase & stock up for a new school year.
After Shoe Shopping…
- Protect their shoes. Spritz our Stan’s shoe protector on their shoes before they begin the school year. This will prolong the life of the shoe and keep them looking nice!
- Check their shoes. Make sure the shoes are holding up to their activity level and have them wear a different pair every other day to keep their feet healthy.
- Get measured regularly. They grow up so quickly & so do their feet! Wearing too-small shoes can lead to painful blisters & foot issues as they grow up, so it’s important to get them measured every 3-6 months.
We can’t wait to see you and your family at our Brookfield & Glendale stores! When shopping in our stores, you’ll find a great selection of kids’ brands and score 10-20% off* our kids’ shoes (*Manufacturer’s restrictions apply. Ends September 10, 2017. See store for details). You can also score this same deal at our New Balance Milwaukee stores!
See you soon!