Longer days mean more time for fun activities in Milwaukee. Men around Milwaukee are gearing up for Brewers tailgates, Summerfest, beer garden gatherings, and much more. At Stan’s, we’ve noticed that men are asking for more options in footwear due to men’s fashion growing beyond just the basics. We know you have tons of options, so here is what’s on-trend for men in Spring/Summer 2016.
For clothing, joggers, elevated athleisure styles (looking like you’re ready for the gym and a night out at the same time), and street-style looks are dominating menswear. This season’s relaxed trends require footwear that is just as comfortable and stylish:
- Sporty Sneakers Be a man of mystery this season. Have people guessing whether you just left the gym or an outing at a brewery with street-friendly sneakers. Ventilate your feet with perforations or keep it simple with a slip-on style.
- Utilitarian Don’t put your boots from last season away just yet! Sport a military look with army green joggers and a your favorite neutral colored boots. This will soon become your favorite outfit for when Wisconsin weather throws us chilly temperatures in the middle of summer.
- Soft Dressing Dressing for the workweek shouldn’t have to be uncomfortable. There are plenty of dress shoe options with sneaker-like support and relaxed materials, such as suede and canvas. Find a pair in a lighter neutral to make long days at the office feel like a breeze.
- Vacationing on the Riviera Look like you just got back from a month-long trip across Europe. Even if you’re just taking a downtown stroll by the Milwaukee River, you can feel like you’re vacationing on the Riviera with a pair of refined sandals or soft slip-ons.
- White Hot You’ll see that many of your favorite brands & styles are updated with a white sole for this season. This is a trend you’ll want to invest in, since the footwear industry plans on continuing white soles for fall & winter!
Which of these styles do you envision yourself in this season? Be sure to get your favorite shoe at any of our 3 locations.
Thank you to Claire from Earth Brands for the inspiration!