You know warmer months are ahead when you can finally tailgate at a Brewers game and enjoy a cold beer on the patio of your favorite bar! Warmer weather also means that it’s time to start wearing shoes & clothing that will keep you feeling (and looking) cool this season.For spring, think about combining function with a bit of style. Here’s a play-by-play of our must-have shoes for men & what to wear with them:
Are you a pick-up truck or convertible kind of guy? Either way, this slip-on look is convenient and will easily become a staple in your wardrobe. We carry plenty of styles with great support to keep you on your feet. From family barbecues to summer weddings, these shoes will take you anywhere & everywhere.
- Dress it up: Have a special occasion coming up? Show off your softer side in pastels. Avoid looking like an Easter egg with a muted yellow or blue button-up and pair with your favorite khakis for a relaxed feel.
- Dress it down: Rainy commute to work? Slip into a wide or straight leg pant and roll up the cuffs to avoid wet hems. Throw on a lightweight jacket in weatherproof material to stay dry.
Hole In One
Longing to enjoy a breezy afternoon out on the green? We’ve got shoes to make your feet feel just as great! These shoes are perforated to offer your feet some extra A/C in the heat. Oh, and did we mention that it’s okay to skip the socks with these? Just be sure to sprinkle some foot powder in your shoes first– we suggest On Your Toes (available at our stores)!
- Dress it up: Attending a summer wedding? Make your entire ensemble breathable by opting for a light-colored linen suit rather than the traditional heavier fabrics.
- Dress it down: Got camouflage? You can find this print on pants or jackets with pockets for optimum function. If the whole Duck Dynasty look isn’t your speed, you can find this print in non-traditional colors & hues for a more refined look.
Wish you could wear your sneakers all day, everyday? Wish granted! Lucky for you, the athletic look gives your feet the support they need and comes in a variety of styles for every occasion. A neutral-colored sneaker with a white sole is office-friendly, while a colored sneaker is perfect for jamming out to your favorite band at Summerfest’s 50th anniversary.
- Dress it up: Rock casual Friday at work in dark jeans, t-shirt, and a blazer. This looks great with a sneaker in suede, nubuck, or leather. You might even be able to get away with this look everyday!
- Dress it down: Stay comfortable in retro sportswear. Other than lounging in sweatpants during a Netflix binge, there are plenty of other ways to wear this look. For guys’ night, sport a bomber jacket with jeans & a t-shirt. Stay dry during warmer days or killer workouts with moisture-wicking athletic shirts.
Our most important takeaway from these shoe trends is that they’re all comfortable. The key to comfort is making sure that you have the proper fit. Our partners, Homer & Gabe from ESPN Milwaukee agree with us on how important the right fit is when it comes to shoes:
We want to make sure you’re able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine in Milwaukee, so stop in and visit us! See a Fit Specialist any of our 3 locations to be measured and make sure you’re in the right shoes. See you soon!