If you spend all day walking or standing, you need comfortable footwear that will leave you feeling supported and ache-free at the end of the night. That’s why Stan’s curates the best shoes for nurses, teachers, food service workers, and hospitality workers!
All of the shoes in this list are great for spending all day on your feet, and we recommend the following for each profession specifically. Your job has unique footwear needs, and so do you!
The latest styles can be conveniently purchased online at stansfootwear.com, or you can get the full experience by visiting one of our many stores found throughout Milwaukee and the Midwest.
Best Shoes for Nurses & Healthcare Workers
Both brands feature rocker soles (soles that are thicker and have a rounded heel), which relieve stress on hip, knee, and ankle joints in addition to reducing fatigue. Additionally, most styles are stain-resistant and slip-resistant.
The primary difference is that Alegria has a removable footbed so you can insert your own orthotics, while Dansko has a contoured footbed for arch support embedded in the midsole.
Here are some of our most comfortable shoes for nurses, doctors, and beyond:
- The Alegria Keli: Specifically from Alegrias “Nursing and Professional Shoes” collection, the Kelli features a padded collar for ankle support, strategically placed elastic to accommodate tired and swelling feet, and eye-catching design.
- Dansko Professional: This elegant clog features a roomy toe box, a padded heel counter for extra stability, and a breathable footbed liner.
- Dansko XP 2.0: As Dansko’s #1 occupational shoe, the XP has been crafted with healthcare workers in mind: it features memory foam cushioning, arch support, slip-resistant soles, and waterproof uppers in select styles.
Shop Alegria and Dansko clogs for nurses in store or online today.
Best Shoes for Teachers
From 7am (or earlier) to 3 pm (or later), it’s rare that teachers have a second to breathe, much less sit down! For long days chasing students on the playground or teaching in front of a classroom, we recommend wearing shoes from Birkenstock and Vionic. Both come in a variety of styles, from sneakers to boots to sandals, so you can experience school-year-round support and style.
Birkenstock is best known for its cork footbeds that mold to the shape of your feet over time. This provides truly custom support for your arches, key to reducing fatigue after long days on your feet.
Vionic features patented VIO MOTION™ technology, designed with exclusive alignment features to balance the whole you. Each style is made with built-in arch support, stability, flexibility, and cushioning.
Here are some of our most comfortable shoes for teachers:
- Birkenstock Highwood Boot (Men’s and Women’s): This stylish Chelsea boot boasts a tear-resistant microfiber inner lining, a soft suede upper, and a rubber outsole that provides extra cushioning.
- Birkenstock Boston Clog (Women’s): The Tik-Tok trending style is popular for its elegant yet casual design, breathable footbed, and EVA sole to ensure smooth steps.
- Vionic Kensley Loafer (Women’s): The iconic loafer style gets a trendy update with a platformed rubber outsole and microfiber lining.
- Vionic Caroll Flat (Women’s): Picture a flat, but with real and noticeable arch support and cushioning, and you’ve got the Caroll.
Shop Birkenstock and Vionic teachers in store or online today.
Best Shoes for Food Service & Hospitality Workers
Black, slip-resistant shoes don’t have to be dull or uncomfortable. Stan’s carries shoes that both meet standard food service requirements and make you look and feel good!
Here are some of our most comfortable shoes for food service workers:
- Vionic Walker (Men’s): This high-quality shoe features Active Motion System (AMS) technology, combining a flexible, high-traction outsole and a lightweight, water-resistant upper.
- Brooks Addiction Walker (Men’s and Women’s): Coming in both lace-up and velcro options, this walking shoe uses BioMoGo DNA (Brook’s proprietary cushioning) to adapt to your stride, weight and speed, providing personalized support.
- Dansko Mesh Pace Sneaker (Women’s): Odor control, stain resistance, and arch support—need we say more about why this is the perfect food service shoe?
Shop comfortable shoes for hospitality workers and food service workers in store and online.
Shop Shoes for Working Professionals
Stan’s is more than just a shoe store; it’s a place where every step matters and where your footwear journey begins. Stan’s curated collection of shoes offers high-quality styles from the most respected brands from around the world.
Since its inception in 1950, Stan’s Bootery Inc. has reliably sourced stylish and comfortable footwear for the greater Milwaukee area. Today, under the stewardship of its third-generation family owners, Stan’s Bootery Inc. is recognized as one of the nation’s top independent shoe retailers, serving a diverse clientele from all walks of life.
Whether you’re looking for shoes to wear on the job or during your time off, Stan’s will help you find what you’re looking for. Enjoy the convenience of shopping online 24/7 from anywhere in the country, or stop in store at one of our 7 Midwest brick-and-mortar locations under 4 distinct retail brands: Stan’s, Goodmiles Running Company, The Vionic Store Milwaukee, and Waxberg’s Walk Shoppe in Niles, IL. There, you’ll get a one-on-one fitting experience with a Certified Fit Specialist who can help you find the right match for you.
For more information, please visit www.stansfootwear.com or email [email protected].