From the AT to the Pacific Crest Trail, Darn Tough’s “1466” Hiker raised the bar on what the ultimate hiking sock needs to deliver. Each year they hear from countless thru-hikers that this rugged sock is the only option that truly takes on the rigors of the trail. Discover the trail legend for yourself.
Height: Micro Crew
Pair with: Hiking Shoes, Hiking Boots, Backpacking Boots
- Men’s micro crew socks average 8.5 in. from heel to cuff – expect them to show about 6 in. above a low hiking shoe or just above a standard hiking boot.
- A performance fit means no slipping, no bunching, no blisters for peak hiking comfort.
- The 1466 is one iconic sock. They’ve made improvements along the way, because that’s what they do, but you can’t argue with a classic.
- Reinforced footbed and Achilles cushion improves the comfort of these socks and helps them last longer.
- Merino Wool is at home on the trail, naturally moving moisture to keep feet fresh and dry in all weather.
- These all-season weight, midweight socks thermoregulate to wrap feet in steady comfort when temperatures change.
- The “still” in Still Made in Vermont, USA is personal. Darn Tough knit all their socks at their VT-based Mills – they can’t imagine it any other way.
- Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life – if these aren’t the longest lasting socks you’ve ever owned, return them for another pair.
These micro crew hiking socks feature soft terry loops underfoot and targeted protection over the ankle and Achilles – our most popular cushion style.
MATERIALS & CARE
Machine wash in warm water on gentle cycle with socks inside-out. Do not bleach. Tumble dry on low or hang dry. Do not dry clean. You can learn more about how to wash merino wool socks here.
Materials: 61% Merino Wool, 36% Nylon, 3% Lycra® Spandex