Flying-saucer-worthy style comes easy in the Close Encounters hiking sock. So do massive peak bidds, thanks to the smooth 1×1 ribbed cuff, performance fit, and climate-regulating merino wool for comfortable and dry trekking. Darn Tough can’t guarantee you’ll have a supernatural experience on the trail, but if you do, feel free to tell bigfoot they’re still working on those custom XXXXXL sizes.
Height: Micro Crew
Pair with: “I was abducted by…” memoirs, Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, Foggy Lake Monster Sightings
- Men’s micro crew socks average 8.5 in. from heel to cuff – expect them to show about 6 in. above a low hiking shoe or just above a standard hiking boot.
- A performance fit means no slipping, no bunching, no blisters for peak hiking comfort.
- Merino Wool is at home on the trail, naturally moving moisture to keep feet fresh and dry in all weather.
- Darn Tough’s all-season weight, midweight socks thermoregulate to wrap feet in steady comfort when temperatures change.
- The “still” in Still Made in Vermont, USA is personal. They knit all their socks at their VT-based Mills – they can’t imagine it any other way.
- Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life – if these aren’t the longest lasting socks you’ve ever owned, return them for another pair.
These micro crew hiking socks feature soft terry loops underfoot and targeted protection over the ankle and Achilles – our most popular cushion style.
Machine wash in warm water on gentle cycle with socks inside-out. Do not bleach. Tumble dry on low or hang dry. Do not dry clean.
|Sock Size||Shoe Size|
|Men||Men US||Women US||Euro||UK|
|XS||2.5 – 5||4.5 – 7||35 – 38||2.5 – 4.5|
|S||5.5 – 7.5||7.5 – 9.5||38 – 40||5 – 7|
|M||8 – 9.5||10 – 11.5||41-42||7.5 – 9|
|L||10 – 12||12 – 14||43 – 45||9.5 – 11.5|
|XL||12.5 – 14.5||–||46 – 47||12 – 14|
|XXL||15 – 17||–||48 – 50||15 – 16|