The Birkenstock Boston is a veritable classic that can easily be worn all year round. The Boston has a legendary status thanks to its sophisticated, individual design. With its additional foam layer, the soft footbed offers extra comfort and pampers feet – all day long. The upper is made from extra thick, oiled nubuck leather with an open-selvage finish.
- Anatomically shaped cork-latex footbed
- Upper: oiled nubuck leather
- Footbed lining: suede
- Sole: EVA
- Details: a single strap with an individually adjustable metal pin buckle; soft footbed
- Made in Germany
- Soft Footbed
- The soft footbed has an integrated latex foam cushion. It offers excellent comfort from day one.
- Upper: Oiled leather
- Oiled leather can be recognized by its untreated surface. Birkenstock purposely does not treat surface grains and other characteristic features. Birkenstock uses sturdy leather with a thickness of 2.8 to 3.2 millimeters as upper material.
- Insole: Suede
- The flexible leather lining, which is gentle on the skin. This nestles up softly against your foot and adjusts to its contour. The open-pored and thus very breathable surface makes for a comfortable foot climate, even during more strenuous physical activity.
- Footbed material: Cork
- Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
- Outsole: EVA
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.
Cork footbeds and EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat or extreme temperatures. Do not leave your shoes in direct sunlight for extended periods or in closed cars on hot days. Keep Birkenstock footwear away from campfires, fireplaces, and indoor radiators. If your shoes become wet, allow them to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Birkenstock sandals and clogs come with a light coating of cork sealer on the exposed cork edge. This protects the cork and prevents it from drying out. If the cork looks like it’s drying out, apply a thin coat of Birkenstock Cork Sealer to protect the cork from the elements.
- To keep your footwear fresh, spray the entire footbed with Birkenstock Cleaner & Refresher and wipe away excess moisture and dirt with a cloth. Brush suede and nubuck footbeds with a Nubuck/Suede brush to restore the nap.
- Please bear in mind that any cleaning or treatment can change the look and finish of the materials.