Hubbard took the beloved, classic loafer and promoted it to the next grade level with richer leather and impeccable attention to detail. They dedicated several months to perfecting the hand-stitching and pin-tucking techniques needed to pull off this flawless look and fit.
They start with what’s called a “crust leather”… leather tanned without pigment. The color is later applied by hand, in layers of color and antique finish that give each pair a rich and unique look.
The Ivy Legend incorporates all the comfort features you expect in Samuel Hubbard shoes. Plus, they’re easy on and off for airport security lines and can be paired with your favorite pair of jeans or your boardroom best.
- Full glove-leather lining delivers buttery soft feel and eliminates pressure points.
- Custom Vibram® soles put a spring in your stride and provide all day support.
- Lightweight Kevlar® shank provides sturdy arch support.
- Triple-Density memory foam insole, topped in silky smooth leather. Easily removed if you wish to use your own orthotics or need to replace.
- Designed in Mill Valley, CA. Handcrafted in Portugal.
Full Grain Leather
- Hubbard uses the finest full grain soft leathers in our uppers. These can be kept like new using any premium wax paste shoe polish. Saddle soap is also handy for cleaning the leather occasionally. Small scuffs can be treated with liquid polishes.
- These are easily cleaned with either a facecloth or a sponge with a bit of dish soap and water. Stubborn stains can be cleaned with a lightly abrasive sponge pad such as you might use on a frying pan. The soles are made from a non-porous material so dirt sits on the surface.