Hubbard calls this shoe the Hubbard Free not because they give them away but because of how they make you feel when wearing them.
These shoes are designed for the active lifestyle. Superb comfort is achieved by the soft upper leathers, the glove-leather linings, the light and springy Vibram soles and the memory-foam cushioned insoles which many consider the best in the shoe industry.
The one-piece vamp (front part of the shoe) means there are no seams in the critical points of contact with your feet. The ankle area is designed with what we call ‘a hidden padded collar’. This creates a very soft point of contact with the ankle without the bulky, padded look of a running shoe.
The performance elements of the Hubbard Free are inspired by athletic shoes, but the look is a classic leather shoe.
- Full glove-leather lining delivers buttery soft feel and eliminates pressure points.
- Custom Vibram® soles put a spring in your stride and provide all day support.
- Lightweight Kevlar® shank provides sturdy arch support.
- Triple-Density memory foam insole, topped in silky smooth leather. Easily removed if you wish to use your own orthotics or need to replace.
- Designed in Mill Valley, CA. Handcrafted in Portugal.
Nubuck and Suede Leather
- The difference between suede and nubuck is in the manufacturing process. Nubuck is created by a process of brushing/sanding the outside of leather to roughen the surface; suede on the other hand, is where the inside of the leather is brushed/sanded. The result is that nubuck is tougher and more resilient to stains and scuffs.
- We recommend that you spray your new shoes with a waterproofing/stain repellant product to boost the stain repellants that we apply in the factory. This will help to keep stains off the leather in the first place. Spraying your shoes every three to four months is recommended.
- Everyday dirt can be removed with a small brush, either a natural gum latex or a fine wire brush. Another approach is to use simple hand soap and water on a facecloth or sponge and wash the upper leather. After washing it is best to allow the shoes to dry in the air. It is never recommended to use heat to dry leather as it tends to stiffen the leather.