What do you get when you cross a gorgeous, soft, pebble-grain leather oxford with a sole and an insole system that’s taken more than a billion steps around the planet? That’s right, the world’s most comfortable dress shoe.
What is pebble grain? As the story goes, an apparently disorganized tanner in Scotland retrieved a piece of leather that was lying forever in a corner on a pebbled floor. The pattern of the pebbles had pressed into the leather and created a distinctive look. Thus was born “Scotch” or “pebble” grain.
Whether you’re walking on the drizzly cliffs of The Quiraing or making it rain in the boardroom, this new Scotch spin on a classic has got you covered.
- Full glove-leather lining delivers buttery soft feel and eliminates pressure points.
- Custom Vibram® soles put a spring in your stride and provide all day support.
- Lightweight Kevlar® shank provides sturdy arch support.
- Triple-Density memory foam insole, topped in silky smooth leather. Easily removed if you wish to use your own orthotics or need to replace.
- Designed in Mill Valley, CA. Handcrafted in Portugal.
Full Grain Leather
- Hubbard uses the finest full grain soft leathers in our uppers. These can be kept like new using any premium wax paste shoe polish. Saddle soap is also handy for cleaning the leather occasionally. Small scuffs can be treated with liquid polishes.
- These are easily cleaned with either a facecloth or a sponge with a bit of dish soap and water. Stubborn stains can be cleaned with a lightly abrasive sponge pad such as you might use on a frying pan. The soles are made from a non-porous material so dirt sits on the surface.