The New Balance 990v5 blends the perfect combination of cushioning and stability. This shoe looks – and feels – as good on your morning run as it does on the runway.
- 12 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 12 mm drop are approximate
- Blown rubber outsole
- ENCAP® midsole technology provides support and maximum durability
- Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of our US sales. New Balance Made is a premium collection that contains a domestic value of 70% or greater.
- Suede/mesh upper with reflective accents
- Dual Density Collar Foam
- ENCAP PU Ring with EVA Core
- Timeless Style: Updated design for a clean, contemporary look that maintains the essence of the original 990
- Superior comfort and stability: New Ortholite cushioning insert and supportive midsole for all-day comfort
- Use a light bristle brush (an old toothbrush works well) and a mild detergent (either dishwashing or laundry)
- Be sure to use a detergent free of dye to avoid staining
- We recommend a spot check with the detergent to ensure no staining will occur
- Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Allow the shoes to thoroughly air dry for 24 hours
- Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended, as some shoe materials should not be exposed to heat or submerged in water