The Birkenstock Santa Ana is an interpretation of the popular ballet flat that boasts a high degree of stability. The shoe has a feminine look and offers exceptionally good grip thanks to its narrow, elastic straps across the instep. The upper is made from high-quality nubuck leather that boasts a natural, rustic appearance.
- Anatomically shaped cork-latex footbed
- Upper: nubuck leather
- Footbed lining: suede
- Sole: EVA
- Footbed made in Germany
- Upper: Nubuck
- Nubuck leather has a gently buffed surface with no grains. As with velvet, brushing the surface of nubuck leather displaces the fibers and leaves a visible mark. Nubuck leather is very sensitive to moisture and color, and it therefore needs to be waterproofed.
- Insole: Real Leather
- The flexible leather lining, which is gentle on the skin, nestles up softly against your foot and adjusts to its contour. The open-pored and thus very breathable surface makes for a comfortable foot climate, even during more strenuous physical activity.
- Footbed Material: Cork
- Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
- Outsole: EVA
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.
Like many materials found in footwear and apparel, cork footbeds and EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat or extreme temperatures. Do not leave your shoes in direct sunlight for extended periods or in closed cars on hot days. Keep Birkenstock footwear away from campfires, fireplaces, and indoor radiators. If your shoes become wet, allow them to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Birkenstock sandals and clogs come with a light coating of cork sealer on the exposed cork edge. This protects the cork and prevents it from drying out. If the cork looks like it’s drying out, apply a thin coat of Birkenstock Cork Sealer to protect the cork from the elements.
- To keep your footwear fresh, spray the entire footbed with Birkenstock Cleaner & Refresher and wipe away excess moisture and dirt with a cloth. Brush suede and nubuck footbeds with a Nubuck/Suede brush to restore the nap.
- Apply Birkenstock Water & Stain Repellent regularly to protect upper Leather, Suede and Nubuck from water and dirt. Brush uppers with a Nubuck/Suede brush to pull up dirt and dust and restore the nap.
- For Birko-flor and birkibuc uppers, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth. Try soap and water to remove stubborn stains.
- Please bear in mind that any cleaning or treatment can change the look and finish of the materials.