The Birkenstock Buckley is a semi-open moccasin-style clog that’s instantly recognizable as an authentic Birkenstock original thanks to its exposed cork footbed. The upper is made from nubuck leather.
- Anatomically shaped cork-latex footbed
- Upper: nubuck leather
- Footbed lining: suede
- Sole: EVA
- Details: one strap with an individually adjustable metal tongue buckle
- Made in Portugal
- Upper: Nubuck
- Nubuck leather has a gently buffed surface with no grains. As with velvet, brushing the surface of nubuck leather displaces the fibers and leaves a visible mark. Nubuck leather is very sensitive to moisture and color, and it therefore needs to be waterproofed.
- Insole: Microfibers
- Microfibers are a very fine synthetic fibers that are extremely soft and shape-retentive. Because they are free of animal products they are used as the covering material for the lining of footbeds in vegan products, among other things.
- Footbed Material: Cork
- Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
- Outsole: EVA
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.