We are seeking a part-time Graphic Design & Marketing Intern! Intern will work (12-20 hours per week during the school year) under the supervision of our Director of Marketing & Marketing Coordinator. Candidate must possess strong print and digital design skills and a background in marketing and communications. Candidate will assist in the development of compelling storytelling opportunities, through a variety of design forms to drive sales and the brand of Stan’s, The Vionic Store Milwaukee, and New Balance Milwaukee.
- Design compelling print pieces and web-ready graphics including signage, brochures, digital assets, advertisements and promotional materials to drive sales and brand message
- Use the internal system to obtain photography, images, and assets provided by footwear brands that department works with
- Craft marketing messages for print and digital communications, while maintaining the Stan’s, Vionic Milwaukee, and the New Balance Milwaukee brand, visual identity and voice
- Craft and publish email blasts, web banners, and digital assets
- Design and create graphics for stores, social media posts, print and web when needed
- Edit, review and proofread finished projects
- Take photos of corporate events (internal/external)
- Complete other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates must have a background in and/or be pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related field.
- Must possess at least 1 year of graphic design experience
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Fluent in and passionate about social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
- Self-motivated and deadline driven.
- Able to take direction and execute it accordingly
- Familiar with basic design principles
- Able to concept designs from start to finish
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook & Instagram
- Knowledge of creating print-ready files.